Maine man charged with assault on 2-year-old | News
LEWISTON, Maine (AP) - A Lewiston man is facing charges for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter.
Police say 29-year-old Kareem Johnson was charged with felony assault on Thursday after taking care of the girl at his girlfriend's Waterville apartment while the mother was out of town. When the mother returned, she noticed bruises on the infant's legs, thighs and buttocks and called police.
Officials told the Sun Journal of Lewiston that the toddler was taken to Maine General Medical Center and is expected to make full recovery.
Johnson was being held at the Kennebec County Jail.
Upcoming Events near Lewiston - Auburn
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One person dead after police-involved shooting in Windham
- Windham school has drug discussion over dinner
- A Newton man has pleaded not guilty to playing a role in the killing of Tyler Zanco.
- The Portland Water District is now treating its water with a hi-tech UV light system.
- Accident causes traffic on Route 35